Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Addy's hair... HELP!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Today I got my new PM Addy in the mail that I purchased on Ebay. I love this doll, but her hair is a mess. When I braid her hair, the top of her head is still very poofy and it looks terrible. Addy's hair doesn't look like this in AG's pictures. How can I get it less poofy? Can I use the regualr AG brush to brush her hair? I will probably eventually order the new pick but I want to wait until I have a bigger order. Please help!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stephanie, my Addy's hair is poofy too and she is brand new, no worries, it is just Addy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that is how Addy is!

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by wrxgirl:
    I think that is how Addy is!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, my Addy has poufy hair too!

    If it really bothers you just french braid her hair. That seems to contain it quite well.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Addy also has poofy hair. I'm not sure if it would do anything but maybe if you sprayed Addy's hair with water it would make it a little less poofy.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Stephanie31802's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys. I'm a little disappointed. I will try to french braid it. I don't really know how, but now is a good time to learn. Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Wink

    French braiding it or putting it in pony tails works real good. She is an AA doll with textured hair. I also only brush my Addys hair. Do not comb it. If you are so disappointed with her; before you sell her, contact me. I love Addy because I am AA and because It seems she is so misunderstood regarding her hair. I hope you adjust to her and love her like you love all your other dolls.

  8. #8
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    I love Addy because I am AA and because It seems she is so misunderstood regarding her hair. I hope you adjust to her and love her like you love all your other dolls.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]smile.gif[/img] I'm paler than a vampire in winter and I never found it weird or hard to manage at all. I love the differant texture, it makes her stand out in a crowd of super-shiny straight haired dolls.

    I do her hair like this

    addyhair3ok

    Which seems to stay VERY well. It was sorta of complicated but it's SO pretty. It does NOT require french braiding, although if you know how to french braid, it makes it much easier.

    If anyone wants instructions, I can try to post them, but I am horrible at teaching anything!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 08, 2005 10:34 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh please post instructions! I love that style but I myself only wear long straight hair because I cant do anything else! LOL I think Addy's hair looks the prettiest this way and thats why I havent taken it out of the original style yet.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lovely hair!! Addy looks just beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •